The client had recently launched an investment region, and aggressive attempts were being made to secure private sector investors to the region and leverage synergies with Singapore. However, consistently a key concern being raised by investors was the issue of crime and public safety and security. Recognising the gestation period that would be involved to address these issues within the current system, we were asked to evaluate whether some of these functions could be performed by a private security operator and whether the business model was sustainable.
- Conducted an in-depth study on the nature, pervasiveness and location of security issues
- Conducted a feasibility study on the possibility of a large scale full service security business
- Assessed current capabilities and conducted competitive analysis with current industry players
- Developed potential business model
- Developed a financial model and business case